Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm in a MAP meeting right now (so I probably shouldn't be blogging) but I just want to comment on the whole experience.

For those who don't know what MAP is let me try and summarize:

MAP is a top-quality learning experience for both students and companies...

• Students have completed more than 1,100 projects at over 550 companies

• Teams of 4 to 6 MBA students help organizations address real business issues
• Work full-time with companies on projects that test
– Students' skills
– Produce valuable information for sponsors
– Stimulate exchanges that benefit scholars and business practitioners alike
• The goal is to create an outstanding academic learning experience
• To learn more go to http://www.bus.umich.edu/MAP/

At the University of Michigan - Stephen M. Ross School of Business it is the cornerstone and culmination of our first-year. I have personally found the overall experience interesting and valuable. The most important skill that I takeaway from this experience is leading and managing group dynamics (specifically with 6 Type-A personalities).

No comments: